The Ross Hazeltine Travel Scholarship provides funding for travel or study outside the territorial limits of the United States, Canada or Mexico. Applicants must be in their senior year 2023-24 and planning to receive a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism degree by August 2024.
Travel time is for a two-month minimum. The grants may be used for journalistic or academic purposes.
To be considered for the Hazeltine, you must submit a proposal that includes a 1,000-word description of your project. This must include:
- A title for your project
- The country or countries you intend to visit
- A rationale for your project
- A description of how your reporting will be delivered to an audience
- A timetable and an itinerary
- A budget with estimates for coach airline travel, lodging, daily per diem, local transportation and other necessary items
Hazeltine scholars are subject to travel restrictions imposed by IU's Office of the Vice President for International Affairs.