Ross Hazeltine Travel Scholarship
The Ross Hazeltine Travel Scholarship provides funding for travel or study outside the territorial limits of the United States, Canada or Mexico. Applicants must be in their senior year 2020-21 and planning to receive a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism degree by August 2021.
Travel time is for a two-month minimum. The grants may be used for journalistic or academic purposes.
To be considered for the Hazeltine, you must submit a proposal that includes a 1,000-word description of your project. This must include:
- A title for your project
- The country or countries you intend to visit
- A rationale for your project
- A description of how your reporting will be delivered to an audience
- A timetable and an itinerary
- A budget with estimates for coach airline travel, lodging, daily per diem, local transportation and other necessary items
Hazeltine scholars are subject to travel restrictions imposed by IU's Office of the Vice President for International Affairs. While IU is preparing for overseas travel during summer 2021, plans are contingent on the development of the coronavirus pandemic. The recipient may be required to alter or cancel travel plans if IU's suspension of overseas travel extends into summer 2021.