Media School students present papers at conference
Several Media School graduate students presented their papers at the 12th Annual IU Landscape, Space, and Place Conference on March 2-3.
- Master’s student Caleb Allison, “Our Shining Beast: The Technological Uncanny and Postmodern in The Qatsi Trilogy”
- Doctoral student Jesse Balzer, “Winning in La La Land: Prestige, Place, and the Cultural Geography of Movie Marketing”
- Doctoral student Pragya Paramita Ghosh, “How the Fearless Girl challenged a Bull; and got away with it”
- Doctoral student Forrest Greenwood, “Navigating Local Spaces through WiFi: The Case of the Nintendo DS and Digital Game Distribution”
- Doctoral student Cole Stratton, “Accumulation by Connectivity: Infrastructure and Value in Facebook’s Global Expansion”
The conference is hosted each spring by the Department of Geography. Students from multiple disciplines are encouraged to bring their ideas and perspectives.