Transfer undergraduate credit from another university

Transferring undergraduate credit to fulfill Media School requirements is a two-step process.

Step One: Submit your request to the Office of Admissions

To transfer credit from another university, you must first submit your request to IU’s Office of Admissions using its Credit Transfer Service.

Request a credit transfer

Step Two: Submit your request to The Media School

Once the Office of Admissions has approved your credit transfer, you may submit a Course Equivalency for Transfer Credit Petition to have your transferred classes evaluated by The Media School to determine if they qualify for equivalency for Media School requirements.

This process must be used for transfer credits from outside institutions both within the U.S. and abroad; for example, from non-IU study-abroad programs.

Submit the petition