Social media intern
ScIU: Conversations in Science @ Indiana University
As the digital world increasingly becomes the primary source of information, effective and accurate communication is essential. For this internship, you will learn how science communicators are using different social media platforms to disseminate scientific information, learn how to distill and disperse information from primary and secondary sources to audiences of all levels across multiple digital formats, and assist with the facilitation of ScIU’s social media platforms with daily posts and interactions with our audience. Course credit will be earned through MSCH-X 472.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the social media team to create and implement campaigns
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for the blog’s posts and public engagements
- Monitor analytics with the social media team to identify viable ideas, themes, and trends
- Create engaging blog and social media content
- Assist in the general distribution of blog post releases and media alerts
Spring 2024 team meetings will be Mon/Wed 11:30 a.m. EST, and attendance to meetings is required for interns.
No previous qualifications necessary. This is an introductory internship.
Email ScIU with the subject line “Social media internship” – firstname.lastname@example.org.