Social media intern
Falmouth Commodores Baseball Team
- Design and create social media content at home and away games, All Star game, community events, baseball camps and other events as needed, in conjunction with the Web Reporter, Photographer or Video Production interns and is responsible for managing and tracking all social media accounts.
- Determine and manage what type of content works best on each platform, optimize content accordingly, as well as understanding and leveraging the different features of each platform. The applicant must know how to engage with our audience through social media posts and interactions.
- Post social media content on a day-to-day basis following a runbook of suggested content such as game time, starting lineups, last night’s game recap, community events, links to live stream, etc.
- Create short, high resolution video content for social, but also to be used during live broadcast game day stream.
- Monitor all Commodores social media channels daily, appropriately respond to all commentary as necessary and escalate commentary as necessary.
- Before, during, and immediately after the season: Track and measure engagement, taking advantage of each platforms’ specific metrics preparing presentation(s) to be presented to the Board of Directors.
- Proactively find ways to grow our fan ban base by acquiring new users, increase engagement, etc.
The applicant must have a strong fundamental knowledge of various social media platforms, including posting and editing of content posted on Commodores sites. Preference will be given to graphic design or marketing and media-related majors that have been actively involved in social media, graphic design, and sports programs. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are preferred
How to apply
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples to Ernie Hyde, director of broadcasting & media.