Media groups allow students to practice what they are learning in the classroom in real-world environments, and they help students network with professionals and alumni.
How to form a group:
- First, register to be officially recognized by Student Life and Learning as an IU Student Organization.
- Next, enlist the assistance of a full-time Media School faculty member to be your group’s adviser.
How to fund your group:
The school does have funds available to support registered student groups advised by Media School faculty for travel and other needs. Here’s the process:
- Complete this form for consideration.
- Once you have a response from The Media School, complete this Student Organization Account form.
- Media School business manager Patsy Ek will transfer the funds to your Student Organization Account.
- Follow the Student Organization Account guidelines to access your account.
- Follow up with a blog or other report for the school’s website editor Gena Asher.
How to reserve meeting space:
You may reserve space at Franklin Hall or other areas around campus through the university’s Student Affairs Office.
- Visit the Space Reservations website to get started. Note: Your organization must be registered at BeINvolved, Student Life and Learning’s database, to use this service.