When The Media School was formed by drawing together IU’s journalism, telecommunications and film studies areas, it instantly gained thousands of alumni working in all media in all parts of the world.
And many of those alumni maintain close ties to Indiana University, whether as visitors, as mentors to students or campus organizations, or as guest speakers sharing their professional expertise with classes and larger groups.
The Media School boasts alumni who have distinguished themselves as researchers, news directors and producers, documentarians, foreign correspondents, reporters, publishers, editors, filmmakers, game designers and media archivists. Among them are Pulitzer Prize winners, Emmy winners, Oscar winners and recipients of other prestigious awards.
- If you are an alumnus of the programs, be sure to join the Indiana University Alumni Association, where you can reconnect with friends and stay up-to-date on IU alumni activities, including those of The Media School.
- Keep us up to date about your news: Submit a Class Note.
- See Class Notes others have submitted.
- Subscribe to the alumni e-newsletter, Media School Memo.
- Learn about The Media School Alumni Association.
- Read about our alumni who are book authors.
- Learn about the annual Distinguished Alumni Awards.
- Meet a few of our alumni.
- Our alumni magazine is in development. The last journalism newsletter, Newswire, is online.