Admission to The Media School
The Media School offers automatic direct admission to students who indicate an intended major in media, journalism or game design on their admissions application and meet the following criteria:
- SAT score of 1320 (critical reading and math) OR ACT composite score of 28 or higher, AND
- GPA of 3.7/4.0 OR ranking in the top 15 percent of graduating class
Students who are directly admitted will meet with a Media School adviser during new student orientation. For more information on direct admission, contact email@example.com.
Students who do not qualify for direct admission will be considered for standard admission when they meet the following criteria:
- 26 college credits
- 2.0 GPA
- 2.0 in the intended major (or 0.0 if no major courses have been taken)
- C or better in English Composition
For more information on standard admission, contact a Media School adviser.
See details about transferring credits you have received from another college or university.
Selective Scholarship Application
The Media School uses the Selective Scholarship Application to consider students for the Journalism Honors Program (Ernie Pyle Scholars). Approximately 20 students each year become Ernie Pyle Scholars, which involves a faculty mentor, honors sections of core journalism classes and unique travel opportunities. Consideration is limited to students who apply to IU by Nov. 1, indicate journalism as their intended major and meet the following criteria:
- SAT score of 1300 or above (critical reading and math) OR ACT Composite score of 27 or higher, AND
- GPA of 3.7/4.0 or above OR ranking in the top 15 percent of graduating class
Non-journalism students in The Media School may be eligible for the Selective Scholarship Application for the College of Arts & Sciences. For more information on the Selective Scholarship Application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.