Alumni-produced Taliaferro documentary wins 2 awards in New York festival
“The B1G Story: George Taliaferro,” a film co-directed by adjunct instructor Kevin Weaver, won gold awards in the social justice and sports documentary categories at the New York Festivals TV and Film Awards.
Taliaferro, who played for the IU football team in the 1940s, was the first African-American drafted into the NFL and was also pivotal in helping to de-segregate Bloomington.
A production of Blueline for the Big Ten Network, the principal crew are all Media School alumni and/or adjunct instructors:
- Kevin Weaver, BA’09, producer/director/editor
- Tucker Gragg, BA’12, producer/director
- Matt Dillman, BA’14, director of photography
- Ben Frazier, BA’13, sound recordist/editor
- Evelyn Rehrey, BA’17, assistant camera
- Byron Wolter, adjunct instructor, gaffer
- Peder Piering, BA’21, assistant editor