PhD Candidate - Design Research | Interactive Media & Entertainment | Industry Practices & Innovation
Research and Creative Interests
- Computer Graphics & Interactive Entertainment
- Design Practices
- Design Theories
- Character Animation & Performance
- Design Process Innovation
- Child-Centric Media Design
- Human Centered Computing & Design
Nandhini Giri is a PhD Candidate in Media Arts and Sciences at The Media School – Indiana University Bloomington, also minoring in Human Computer Interaction/design and Cognitive Science. Her current research interests are in designing human centric entertainment systems with a focus on design practices in the computer graphics and interactive entertainment industry. Her research and creative interests are informed by design, communication, cognitive science and complex systems theories.
Master of Science in Digital Arts & Sciences, Department of Computer & Information Science & Engineering, University of Florida, 2008
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Anna University, 2005
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Giri N., Stolterman E. (2020). Systems approach to designing an enjoyable process for game designers. In International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (pp. 669-687). Springer, Cham.
- Giri N., Stolterman E. (2020). Pixel perfect: Fashion styling in virtual character design process. In International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (pp. 76-87). Springer, Cham.
- Laya (2019)
- Boss Baby (2017)
- Home (2015)
- Penguins of Madagascar (2014)
- Mr. Peabody and Sherman (2014)
- Rise of the Guardians (2012)
- Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted (2012)
Filmography: IMDB Link