Software and equipment
The ICR is equipped with technology and equipment available for researchers to reserve:
- Perception Analyzer: a portable 30-dial system to collect individuals’ moment-by-moment ratings of live or media presentations, and responses to questions in real time, for groups (up to 30). The system provides immediate feedback and display of data analysis.
- XBox 360 game console: for single-player video game experience studies.
- Video camera observation technology: provided in the focus group and interview rooms.
- MPlus: a statistical modeling program that provides researchers with a flexible tool to analyze their data.
- MediaLab and DirectRT: software programs capable of gathering cognitive psychological data using methodologies such as secondary-task reaction time, continuous response measurement and the Implicit Association Test.
- MAXQDA Analytics Pro: software for qualitative, quantitative and statistical data analysis research.
- SnapStream: a content analysis tool that can capture multiple TV stations across multiple days/shows/times. Video and closed-caption transcripts can then be downloaded and searched by topic or term for coding and analysis.