Wounded Galaxies 1968: Beneath the Paving Stones, the Beach Festival and Symposium is a festival of experimental media and academic symposium that will take place Feb. 6-11 on IU’s campus.
Wounded Galaxies will present a panel, “The Counter Culture, Surrealism and Cyberspace” at 3:30 p.m. Feb. 10 at the IU Cinema. Panelists include:
- Katharine Streip (Concordia University Montreal): “Disembodied Communities: From the Whole Earth Catalogue to Cyberspace”
- Carlos Kase (University of North Carolina Wilmington): “Outer and Inner Space: The Psychopharmocological and Psychosocial Explorations of Experimental Cinema at the Height of the Psychedelic Age”
- Amy Rust (University of South Florida): “Ecologies of Scale”
- Kristoffer Noheden (Instituitonen für medistudier, Stockholm): “Seven Surrealist Animals: Transnational Surrealism and the Ecological Imagination”
- Alex Wermer-Colan (Digital Scholarship Center at Temple University): “Cutting up Cyber-Space: Post 1968 Sci-Fi Decadence”