Wounded Galaxies 1968: Beneath the Paving Stones, the Beach Festival and Symposium is a festival of experimental media and academic symposium that will take place Feb. 5-11 on IU’s campus.
Wounded Galaxies will present a panel, “New Waves,” at 10:45 a.m. Feb. 9 at the IU Cinema. Panelists include:
- Jamie Hook (IU Bloomington): “Terrible Children, Holy Innocents, and Dreamers: Adaptation, Intertextuality and the Representation of May 1968″
- Matt Von Vogt (IU Bloomington): “Between Cinephilia and Political Critique: Le Prestige de la Mort and the Late Age of the French New Wave”
- Chris Dumas (Independent scholar): “A Sickness and A Cure: Godard, Bertolucci, Patricide”
- David Gatten (University of Colorado-Boulder): “The Equilibrium of Continuous Jubilation”
- Respondent: Joan Hawkins (IU Bloomington)