Wounded Galaxies 1968: Beneath the Paving Stones, the Beach Festival and Symposium is a festival of experimental media and academic symposium that will take place Feb. 5-11 on IU’s campus.
Wounded Galaxies will present a panel, “Geopolotical 1968,” at 3:30 p.m. Feb. 10 at the School of Global and International Studies Building auditorium. Panelists include:
- Patrick Noonan (Northwestern University): “Affects of the 60s: Print media and politics in late Japan”
- Stephen Buttes (IU-Purdue University Fort Wayne): “The Afterlife of Mexico”
- Alex Lichtenstein (IU Bloomington): “South Africa’s 1968: The Durban Moment”
- Chris Reynolds (Nottingham Trent (United Kingdom) University): “Sous les pavés … The Troubles: Recovering the Memory of Ireland’s 1968”
- Padraic Kenney (IU Bloomington): Respondent