Play golf and contribute to a scholarship fund at the 18th annual Take It Easy Open golf outing July 28 at Arrowhead Golf Course in Greenfield.
The event will feature door prizes, including a basketball signed by men’s basketball coach Archie Miller, and other awards to recognize excellent play and low team score. Participants also will have a chance to with $10,000 for a hole-in-one.
Proceeds fund the John M. Jackson Memorial Scholarship, which honors the life of Jackson, an IU senior who was editor-in-chief of the Indiana Daily Student the summer before he died of a brain aneurysm.
The friends who founded the group, “the TEO boys,” include Jackson’s classmates John Schwarb, Brad Watts, JR Ross, Tom Biersdorfer and Greg Bardonner.
Since the first TEO golf outing in 2001, the event has raised nearly $90,000 for scholarships, and the group aims to raise $100,000 by 2020.
- Register your group of four by July 20 to pay an entry fee of $80, or pay $85 to register after that date. The registration fee for current IU students and 2018 graduates is $65.
- You may also choose to sponsor a hole for $125.
- Registration includes green fees, a golf cart, a lunch buffet and a $33 donation.
- Those who don’t want to play but want to attend may purchase tickets for $10 for the lunch. Children 12 and under eat for free.
- Anyone who can’t attend the event can make a donation to the John M. Jackson Memorial Scholarship.
- Make checks payable to IU Foundation/The Media School. Cash payments will not be accepted.