Intern and take Media School classes in the heart of the entertainment industry during spring 2018 semester in the school’s first Semester in Los Angeles program.
As a student in the program, you will:
- Work at an internship in the media industry
- Take Media School classes taught by professionals in LA
- Live in a shared apartment in the Miracle Mile district with other IU students
The Media School’s Semester in Los Angeles program will place every participant in at least one for-credit internship. Students will be enrolled full-time at IU and take Media School courses on evenings and weekends.
Where will I live?
Students will live together in shared apartments in Park LaBrea, an apartment complex in LA’s Miracle Mile. Four students will be placed in each two-bedroom apartment.
What classes will I take?
Course offerings for spring 2018 are being finalized, but the tentative offerings are:
- MSCH-X472 Media Internship (6 hours)
- MSCH-M411 Media Industries and Cultural Production (3 hours)
- MSCH-P460 Advanced Motion Picture Production (4 hours)
- MSCH-D337 New Media (3 hours)
How much will it cost?
Tuition rates will be the same as you pay to take classes in Bloomington. You also will be responsible for housing costs. Housing rates are still being negotiated, but they will not exceed $4,500 for the program’s duration.
Students will cover their own transportation and personal expenses. Transportation expenses include travel to and from Los Angeles as well as transportation and parking in the city. Most students will choose to rent cars or drive cars their own cars to LA.
How do I apply?
Applications are online. Deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. June 1. Applicants will be notified of an acceptance decision by June 30.
- Attend an information session at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 4, in Franklin Hall 312.