The afternoon includes socializing, brief remarks and presentation of small gifts to graduating attendees.
Students who are graduating and their families will receive formal invitations in March.
Other important dates:
- IU’s 2017 commencement exercises for those receiving master’s and doctoral degrees is 3 p.m. May 5 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, 1001 E. 17th St.
- Those receiving bachelor’s degrees will graduate at 10 a.m. May 6 at Memorial Stadium, 1001 E. 17th St.
- IU graduates students in May, August and December. View the IU Commencement home page for general information.
- The Office of University Ceremonies hosts the commencement ceremony and sends invitations directly to students’ campus addresses and permanent addresses.
- The Office of the Registrar mails diplomas two to three months after commencement to the home address listed on OneIU.
- The Indiana University Alumni Association offers a free year of membership to new graduates. Those who attend commencement will receive details in their graduation packets. Otherwise, new graduates may enroll online.