Jumpstart your career path at the Connect’17 Craft Your Career with Arts and Sciences Alumni event from 9 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. March 3 at the Indiana Memorial Union Tree Suites.
This event will include five sessions of panels to connect students with more than 20 alumni from the College of Arts and Sciences.
Of particular interest to Media School students may be the Breaking into Media session, which features Thom Patterson, BA’87, a senior producer at CNN; Shannon Cogan, Wave 3 News anchor in Louisville; and Krista Short, BA’14, digital marketing production associate at Hannapin Marketing.
Here’s the full schedule:
Session 1: 9-10:15 a.m.
- Business, Builders and Entrepreneurs, Walnut Room M015
- Gender in the Workplace, Maple Room M020
- Careers in Psychology, Mental Health and Medicine, Oak Room M012
Session 2: 10:30-11:45 a.m.
- Career Twists: Unexpected Paths to a Fulfilling Career, Walnut Room M015
- Breaking Into Media, Oak Room M012
- Making an Impact: Careers That Shape Community, Maple Room M020
Session 3: Noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Connect with Alumni Over Lunch, Frangipani Room M051
Session 4: 1:30-2:45 p.m.
- Failing Up: Making the Most of Your Mistakes, Walnut Room M015
- Notes from the Lab: Careers in Research, Oak Room M012
- A Good Fit: Finding the Retail Role That’s Right for You, Maple Room M020
Session 5: 3-4:15 p.m.
- Adulting: Tips for Entering the Workforce, Walnut Room M015
- Interning: Making the Most of Your Experience, Oak Room M012
- Art Works: Careers in Visual, Written and Performing Arts, Maple Room M020