The afternoon includes socializing, brief remarks and presentation of small gifts to graduating attendees. This is an outdoor event.
Students who are graduating and their families will receive formal invitations in March.
Other important dates:
- IU’s 2018 commencement exercises for those receiving master’s and doctoral degrees is 3 p.m. May 4 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, 1001 E. 17th St.
- Those receiving bachelor’s degrees will graduate at 10 a.m. May 5 at Memorial Stadium, 1001 E. 17th St.
- IU graduates students in May, August and December. View the IU Commencement home page for general information.
- The Office of University Ceremonies hosts the commencement ceremony and sends invitations directly to students’ campus addresses and permanent addresses.
- The Office of the Registrar mails diplomas two to three months after commencement to the home address listed on OneIU.
- The Indiana University Alumni Association offers a free year of membership to new graduates. Those who attend commencement will receive details in their graduation packets. Otherwise, new graduates may enroll online.
For more information or to RSVP, contact Emily Harrison at 812-855-9249.