The projects should be between two to five minutes and require a budget that is no more than $2,500. The grants are ideally for student films, but projects may cover a number of larger issues. Projects should be accessible via social media or other means.
Of the three grants, one provides $1,000 and two provide $750 for the documentaries. Anyone interested should submit proposals to Barbara@indiana.edu. Include:
- A one-page narrative to describe the film and the purpose behind it;
- An expected total budget for the project that includes personnel time, facilities or equipment rental, cash expenditures;
- A description of intention for funds awarded;
- Key crew biographies of producer, director, videographer, etc.;
- A previous work sample of no more than five minutes (provide a link);
- An outreach strategy of how you will bring the film to a wider public.
Submissions are due Oct. 15. Awardees will be notified by Nov. 1. Projects should be completed by May 5, 2018.