Join our party!
The Indiana Daily Student will turn 150 years old, and we’re planning a big party. Join student publications alumni and friends for a celebration that will include mini-reunions for different eras, tours of the newsroom and renovated Franklin Hall, engagement opportunities with current students, an evening reception and more.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017
- Where: Franklin Hall, Indiana University Bloomington
- 9:30 -11 a.m.: The Next 150 Years: A Digital Strategy Session for the IDS (Franklin Hall 312)
- 1:30-2:30 p.m.: State of the Media School by Dean Shanahan and panel by current students (Franklin Hall 312)
- 2-4 p.m.: Open house at IDS offices, tours of Franklin Hall and mini-reunions by decade or discipline
- 4-6 p.m.: Celebratory 150th reception with appetizers, remarks and a celebratory multimedia presentation (Cost: $20 per person. These tickets will be available for purchase in July.)
- Register now.
Support the Indiana Daily Student Legacy Fund
The Indiana Daily Student has been changing the lives of student journalists for 150 years. Here’s how you can keep it going into the future.
Alumni and friends of the Indiana Daily Student have launched the Indiana Daily Student Legacy Fund to raise $150,000 to support editorial operations at Indiana University student publications, including the IDS, Arbutus and Inside magazine. Your tax-deductible donation will help carry forward the decades-long tradition of excellence in student media at IU by providing support for initiatives such as:
- Training opportunities for student journalists
- Development of new story forms that will keep content lively as journalism continues to change
- Travel expenses so student journalists can cover major events, such as national athletic championships and political conventions
- Need-based scholarships and other financial aid so that students can devote time to journalism
- Join the official student publications alumni Facebook page.
- Add your address to our mailing list.
- Looking for lodging?
- Check out the Biddle Hotel at the Indiana Memorial Union. Rates are $129 to 169 per night. Book online or call the reservation line at 800-209-8145. Use hotel block code “MEDIAALUM17.”
- Also, the Hilton Garden Inn offers rates of $134-159. Book online or call 812-331-1335. Use hotel block code “IDSA.”