Most of the Game Development Camp centers around the campers designing and developing their own games, but we also take time to listen to guest faculty members and game industry professionals in order to round out their experience.
Past Guest Speakers
In addition to the wonderful faculty who have spoken to the camp students over the years, we want to express our utmost gratitude to the guest speakers who have taken time out of their schedules to speak to students of the Game Development Camp:
- 2016: Kim Swift, designer of the globally popular game Portal spoke to the Girlpowered! campers.
- 2016: Sam Barlow, designer of Her Story, which won the Seamus McNally Grand Prize and Polygon‘s Game of the Year award for 2015.
- 2015: Nathalie Lawhead, winner of the Indie Games Festival 2015 Nuovo Award for creating Tetrageddon Games
- 2015: Nicolae Berbece, creator of Move or Die.
- 2015: Nicholas McDonnell, founder of the team that developed Screencheat.
- 2015: Stephen Clark, creator of 2015 IGF Nuovo award finalist, Rooftop Cop.
- 2015: Sekar Sanath, a fire effects specialist for the FarCry games.
- 2014: Terry Lewis, Programmer for Electronic Arts on games such as The Sims series.
- 2014: Ian Pottmeyer, Audio Engineer and Puzzle Designer at local game development studio, Studio Cypher.
- 2014: Nitocris Perez, Emerging Technology Specialist for IU’s University Information Technology Services.
- 2013: Hoyt Yeatman, Academy Award winner for Visual Effects on The Abyss
- 2013: Marco Falzoni and Lierin Falzoni, founders of local game development studio, Zombie Cricket Studios.