The commons is open for Media School faculty, staff and student use during open building hours:
- 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday
- Noon to 8 p.m. Saturday
- Noon to 11 p.m. Sunday
Faculty, staff and student groups may reserve the commons for special events. Faculty and staff should make reservations through Ad Astra. Leave the estimated attendance at zero, and select BLFF 103. Student reservations must be made through Student Life and Learning.
All audio-visual needs for commons events must be requested at least two weeks in advance of the event by contacting Jay Kincaid or Scott Myrick. The commons screen must be returned to its original set-up at the end of the event.
All additional needs, per the list below, should be requested at least two weeks in advance using the online form:
- Furniture: Extra chairs, tables and a podium are available upon request. Set-up and removal charges may apply.
- Stage: If you wish to set up a stage, we will arrange for delivery and set-up. There will be a charge for the rental and set-up.
- Set-up/tear-down: Groups using the commons are responsible for arranging furniture for their events and for returning the furniture to its original configuration. Set-up and tear-down services are available for a charge if groups require assistance with moving furniture.
- Food/cleaning: If food is to be served at the event, arrangements must be made to clean up the commons. Event organizers may clean the space themselves, or they may request custodial services. There will be a charge for this service.
Use of the commons by parties outside The Media School will be extremely limited and will be approved on a case-by-case basis by the dean or associate dean. Such events must take place outside class hours.