Transfer Credit

If the IU Admissions Office has evaluated course credit you have received from another college or university, and you wish to have your transferred class(es) evaluated by the Media School to determine an IU Bloomington course equivalency, you must submit a “Course Equivalency for Transfer Credit Petition.” This process must be used for transfer credits from outside institutions both within America and abroad (e.g., overseas study credit, particularly credit received through non-IU programs).

If your course has not been evaluated by IU Admissions, use the Credit Transfer Service through IU Admissions. It will show you how courses taken at other colleges and universities would transfer to IU Bloomington

Once your courses have been evaluated by IU Admissions, use the Media School Transfer Credit form to complete the required petition. Please read the instructions carefully and attach a syllabus for each course you would like evaluated.

When you have completed your petition, email the required materials as attachments to

  • Show more like this.
  • Show fewer like this.
  • What is this?