Explore first jobs
New graduates of The Media School find first jobs in a variety of enterprises that reflects the school’s ability to prepare students for a breadth of career options.
Here is a sampling of first jobs our new grads have landed:
- Account coordinator, McKinney|Chicago, Chicago
- Account specialist, Yahoo, Chicago
- Assistant account executive, The Integer Group, Denver
- Assistant to the advertising director, Tennessee State University, Nashville, Tenn.
- Assistant, Media Mix Communications, Evansville, Ind.
- Associate media planner, Digitas, Chicago
- International marketing coordinator, User Experience Alliance, Chicago
- Book designer, AuthorHouse, Bloomington, Ind.
- Business analyst, Bright Side Inc., Chagrin Falls, Ohio
- Co-owner, The Journalism Shop online company, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Graphic designer, North American Retail Hardware Association, Indianapolis
- Marketing communications associate, Starcom USA, Chicago
- Resident services and communications, Heritage House, New Castle, Ind.
- Brand representative, Fossil Inc., Dallas
- Customer care associate, Roche Diagnostics Corporation, Indianapolis
- Diabetes therapy associate, Medtronic, Los Angeles
- Editorial associate, Futures Group Global, Washington, D.C.
- Sourcing services business analyst, Target Corporation, Minneapolis
- Survey interviewer, Stone Research Services, Bloomington, Ind.
- Asset management specialist, Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., Washington, D.C.
- Home detention field officer, East Race Community Corrections, Elkhart, Ind.
- Public affairs coordinator, State Department, Washington, D.C.
- Research specialist, Department of Homeland Security, Washington, D.C.
Integrated marketing communications
- Assistant communications strategist, OMD, New York City
- Marketing account manager, Fore! Reservations, Burr Ridge, Ill.
- Marketing assistant, JB Chicago, Chicago
- Marketing coordinator, Tucson Old Pueblo Credit Union, Tucson, Ariz.
- Marketing coordinator/designer, Indianapolis Indians, Indianapolis
- Marketing specialist, Author Solutions Inc., Bloomington, Ind.
- Editorial assistant, The Knot, New York
- Business news reporter, Associated Press
- Reporter, Madison Courier, Madison, Ind.
- Reporter, The Indianapolis Star, Indianapolis
- Sports writer, The State Journal, Frankfort, Ky.
- Advancement intern, Pillars, La Grange Park, Ill.
- Assistant deputy mayor, City of Bloomington, Bloomington, Ind.
- Editorial assistant, periodicals, Society of Critical Care Medicine, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Program assistant, The Rotary Foundation, Rotary International, Evanston, Ill.
- Account coordinator, Allison & Partners, San Francisco
- Account coordinator, Hirons & Co., Bloomington, Ind.
- Account coordinator, Racepoint Group, Waltham, Mass.
- Chicago White Sox media relations, Chicago White Sox, Chicago
- Junior account executive, Gibbs & Soell Public Relations, Raleigh, N.C.
- Marketing and communications, Dylan’s Candy Bar, New York City
- Public relations coordinator, Cook Medical, Bloomington, Ind.
- Social media account representative, 5W Public Relations, New York
- Acoustic engineer
- Applied behavior analyst
- Associate producer
- Communication associate
- Communications coordinator
- Design director/project manager
- Freelance writer for search engine
- Head graphic designer
- Lead production assistant
- Market research analyst
- Peace Corps
- Product development
- Production assistant
- Project management
- Registered representative
- Research writer
- Social media analyst
- Web developer
Start your search:
First, register with CareerLink on the College of Arts + Sciences Career Services website and check each week for new job listings.
Your weekly Buzz newsletter also lists a few internship openings. This list is far from comprehensive, but should give you an idea of some of the options. Only enrolled Media School students receive this newsletter.